It was a 3-hours class.
I was excited to meet this cohort as there is always something different from each cohort.
There is a noticeable difference.
There are MORE boys than girls.
The students are the usual loud, vivacious lot.
Prof.RM officiated the class with her teaching philosophy: PLeASE (I think I may have got the capitals mix-up again!)
List of items which she imparted:-
1. 21st century skills
2. 21st century kids
3. Web 2.0 tools (a little teaser)
4. Transformation – Reiber, Welliner (1989) : Familiarization, Utilization, Integration, Reorientation, Evolution
5. Reflection : Content, Process, Learning
6. Learning through Modelling (peer-to-peer modelling besides teacher-student modelling *sweat*)
7. Pedagogical change
8. ICT immersion
9. Philosophy and belief
I almost forgot
10. 12c-s of smart learning environment
These are indeed a list-ful
Next came the horror of horrors, assignments.
So far I only covered Assignment 1 and Assignment 2.
In my personal honest opinion, assignments are FUN.
Anyway, I am not the exam-type person.
Saved the best for last: Assignment 3
Of course, there is the 1st task: getting to know every student via learner profile and later upload the form in the Learner Profile folder in Windows Group Live.
Deadline: July 10, 2009
Well, I am waiting in anticipation in how personalized the learning space / eportfolio of these students and their 1st reflection.